Stered in traffic infrastructure
STERED® is an internationally registered trade mark of a new constructional insulating material produced on the basis of patented mechanical recycling of the synthetic textile material used in car industry. No other technological processes are known that could revaluate such material to the degree comparable with that of STERED line.
Birth certificate of STERED® was written by research and development bases of car producing factories and their providers. The material is acquired as technological snippings, cuttings and scraps of textile acoustic parts during the process of making new products of primary material, or final pieces of these parts during a vehicle disassembling after expiring its lifetime. Textile pulp of tyres recycling can also form a fraction component.
STERED, new insulating and constructional material is characterized by:
- consists of more than 90% synthetic materials
- physical and mechanical characteristics stability
- chemical and mechanical resistance even in more loaded environment
- water resistant
- nontoxic, resistant to moulds and rodents
- human body friendly
- repeatedly recyclable
- can revaluate the material of which parameters (thermo insulating, acoustic insulating, anti-vibrational, mechanical solidity, stability) do not change even after lifetime expiring of the original product
The STERED® product is patented and made on the basis of patented mechanical recycling of the synthetic textile material used in car industry.
The product of STERED constructional material is characterised by excellent parameters as for acoustic absorbing and vibrations inhibition, comparing with, for example, commonly available and used material based on mineral, glass wool.
With STERED application it is possible to demonstrate fulfilling of obligatory instructions following from relevant european directives
• the European parlament and Council directive 2000/53/ES of 18.9.2000 on vehicles after their lifetime expiring, according to the act revisions and amendments.
• the European parlament and Council directive EU 2008/98/ES should assist EU in approaching to „recycling society“ which strive for preventing generation of waste as well as using the waste as raw material source.
By using the STERED products we can demonstrate that Slovakia distinctly increase the amount of materially revaluated waste produced by industrial activities. The final product of this materially revaluated waste can also be repeatedly recyclable in full extent.
• European Commision Action plan for energy efficiency
The production of STERED as acoustic absorbing component is two to five times more energy saving compared with the production of insulating materials based on stone or glass (energy consumption for one ton of Stered production is only 3GJ).
STERED product application in particular solutions enables to make out lower trace of CO2 (carbon trace).
• EU directive 2003/10/EC on noise.
Regarding its excellent and extraordinary acoustic parameters, the STERED product offers extensive application in anti-noise measures.
High degree of noise absorbing, resistance to climate circumstances, low specific mass, enable to choose a system of low anti-noise barriers along with comparable acoustic results as standard high anti-noise walls.
Low anti-noise barriers can contribute distinctly to higher traffic safety – better outlook, better access of rescue services; they also represent dictinct landscape forming character. Other distinct contribution is the better outlook for all traffic participants, in particular as for crossing between different kinds of traffic – raiway crossings.
Placing a low anti-noise barrier combined with crash barrier of divided road can be a contribution to reducing of solution costs of anti-noise measures behind contradirectional traffic lanes. This fact holds for both roadsides of the communication body.
Another advantage of low anti-noise solutions for increasing of safety (driver’s attention) is removing of driving in a tunnel effect because of starting occurence of long road sectors with anti-noise walls up to 4m high.
STERED ID, insulating plate, provides high factor of absorbtion even for low frequencies. Frequency characteristic of noise absorbtion, applied for traffic noise spectrum according to STN EN 1793-3, proves that the material is suitable for the construction of anti-noise barriers as equipment for traffic noise reducing with high degree of absorbtion (category A4). Application of STERED material increases noise absorbtion of traditional anti-noise measures, together with extending of absorbing spectrum thanks to its parameters of high absorbtion as from 400 Hz frequency.
Examples of STERED solutions
|Noise absorbing wall:
||Mac Gabion Sound:
||Low noise absorbing wall:
1. Noise absorbing wall STERED, Tradepetrol, a. s.
STERED ID 200/050 – DLα = 13 dB
STERED ID 200/080 – DLα = 20 dB
2. STERED Gabion wall, Maccaferri, s. r.o.
STERED ID 200/050 – DLα = 11 dB
STERED ID 200/050 – DLα = 17 dB
3. Low noise absorbing wall Brens, ŽPSV, a. s.
STERED IDSD-G 200/050-650/020 – DLα = 10 dB
4. Anti-vibration mat, Intertech Plus, s r.o.
Conirap 0,1 S 50
Pryžový recyklát + STERED ID 250/050
5. Platform edge, ŽPSV, a.s.
STERED ID 200/080 – DLα = 20 dB
6. Rail noise absorber with BRENS® water retention function for tramways
STERED ID 250 – min. hrúbka 100mm
7. Koľajový absorbér hluku pre železničné trate
STERED ID 250 thickness 50 – 150 mm
8. „Green and quiet: Infrastructural technology at InnoTrans 2016“ – presentation NOISE ABSORBER LOW NOISE BARRIER WITH WATER RETENTION FUNCTION AND GREENERY Brens®, STERED® World premiere
9. Trávniky a kvetiny medzi električkovými kolajami znížili hluk dopravy v Košiciach